Midland Sailing Club is an RYA training centre and the ideal place to get into sailing, whether you are a complete beginner, or have some previous experience. We are an entirely voluntary members club, and our qualified instructors do not get paid. We run training to introduce people to the sport in the hope that they will share our passion for sailing and continue to sail with us, and so we require that any trainees join, or are already members of, Midland Sailing Club.
During 2013 we are offering the following RYA Courses:
For details of courses and booking forms see "forthcoming training events" at top right of screen or "Course Schedule" and click on appropriate course.
- First Aid Sun 10th February
- Seamanship Skills Sat 9th & 10th March (club members only)
- Power Boat Level 1 & 2 Sat 16th & Sun 17th March (club members only)
- Safety Boat Sat 23rd & Sun 24th March (club members only)
- Dinghy Level 1, 2 & 3 Fri 5th, Sat 6th, Sun 7th April
(9 sessions run Fri 12th, Sat 13th & Sun 14 April
over 3 weekends) Fri 19th, Sat 20th & Sun 21st April
- Dinghy Level 1,2 & 3 Fri 30th, Sat 31st Aug & Sun 1st Sep
(9 sessions run Fri 6th, Sat 7th & Sun 8th September
over 3 weekends) Fri 13th, Sat 14th & Sun 15th September
- Start Racing Sat 5th & Sun 6th September (club members only)
- Sailing with Spinnakers Sat 19th & Sun 20th September (club members only)
If you are uncertain which path is right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 472 4556 to discuss the options available.
You are most welcome to drop in to see us at the Club on Saturday afternoons or Wednesday evenings, but please ‘phone or e-mail beforehand so that we can ensure that someone is expecting you.